Hey guys! I have been a busy bee of late, so when the lovely Michael Allan Leonard (Awesome Name is Awesome) presented me with this award back in late January I was very chuffed at recieving such a thing. I even organised a party and acceptance speech, but unfortunately no one showed… I mean, the invites got lost in transit. Anyway, so let’s get this party started, it’s good to be back.
Rules of Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1.) Display the award logo on your blog.
2.) Link back to the person who nominated you.
3.) State 7 things about yourself.
4.) Nominate 15 bloggers for this award.
5.) Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back.
Seven things about me:
1. My favourite colour to wear is red, I have a red bike, red notebook, love red lipstick and a traditional red chinese dress (called a Qipao). However, my favourite colour in general is blue.
2. I was born in Bournemouth, England which is near the coast, but I moved to my current residence (High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England) pretty much soon after and have been there for most of my life.
3. My parents are both from Hong Kong and met whilst both working in the same Chinese Resutrant. My Dad lied about his age to her first time they met. I love them both very much.
4. I love to collect lingerie, and curently have a collection easily worth a small fortune. My most expensive set cost £365.
5. At the moment, my dream is (this is far, far into the future though) to own my own studio/illustration company in an upstairs space, which is shared with other fantastic illustrators/designers whom I have enslaved, I mean hired to do the dirty work. Downstairs would be my own little shop, which would sell cool designer shizz like books, prints, artist’s showcase and other stuff aesthetically pleasing.
6. The three top things I look or value most in a potential partner (be it man or woman) are loyalty (my Mum is one of the most loyal people I know and has stuck with my Dad through thick and thin), wit (a person who can make me laugh and contemplate things in conversation is an attractive quality) and affection (admittedly, I am a touchy feely person and would like it to be recipricated).
7. One day I would like to learn how to pole dance. I joined the society at my uni, but unfortunately lessons clashed in with my work in retail so I could not attend.
Nominees for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
I know what you’re thinking, you’re thinking, she’s broken one of the rules, she hasn’t nominated anyone, strip her of her award! Pitchforks and torches ensue. In my defence, I will nominate people but there are no rules in the timing section, so I will nominate (and add a link) when I find one in my own time. After all, most of the blogs I was thinking of nominating have already won various awards, so I would like to give someone out there who perhaps haven’t any chance to win one yet. So when I find them, I will add them in my own timely manner. So feel free to revisit and watch this post.
That’s it for now. Happy belated Valentines Day.